General > General Discussion

Assistant

<< < (4/4)

ronp:
It's possible that the router is the culprit.  Yes, occasionally when loading a website it might take two tries.  I also have occasionally noticed buffering for a moment while streaming.  The wifi is Starlink which is still in the process of building and testing.

I will get a cable for a test.

You have spent a lot of time working with me on this issue.  I want to make sure that you know your efforts are appreciated.

Thank you

Ron

Josephbw:
I've been able to connect to Ring's RPA lots of times over the last month, even up to 2 days ago. This evening I tried to set up my newest engine, but I could not connect. I ran Tim's test and it also failed to connect. BTW They didn't come out with ver 4.01 in the last 2 days, did they?

Joe

G8B4Life:

--- Quote from: ronp on June 20, 2021, 02:46:35 PM ---The wifi is Starlink which is still in the process of building and testing.

--- End quote ---

Ohhhhh, Satellite internet that's still in beta phase; that throws a few spanners in the works.

I've tried researching Starlinks equipment, not much to find on it. If you look at the router it may have a port on the back labelled Aux or Aux 1, I think you can plug a network cable to your computer there.  If it doesn't have that port then from what I can gather there is no where you can plug a network cable into with the supplied equipment; you'd have to buy a separate router to have a wired connection. I'll keep on researching to see what I can find out.

There may not be anything we can do, as Starlink is still testing there could be a multitude of things happening in their network that could cause packet loss. I'm still thinking of how we can possibly test that.

--- Quote from: Josephbw on June 20, 2021, 08:55:33 PM ---...but I could not connect. I ran Tim's test and it also failed to connect. BTW They didn't come out with ver 4.01 in the last 2 days, did they?

--- End quote ---

No, they did not come out with 4.01 in the last couple of days, it's been out for 20 months. If your talking about the test in my "Looking for a volunteer" thread, that test is designed to prevent RPA from connecting.

- Tim

Josephbw:
I realize the purpose of the test, I was just letting you know my results.

Joe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version