General > General Discussion

Speaker recommendation for Walthers Mainline SD70Ace?

<< < (2/5) > >>

KPack:

--- Quote from: hotrodf1 on September 12, 2023, 10:20:02 PM ---Could perhaps have some fun with a 3D printer.

--- End quote ---

That's exactly how he makes SSS speakers.  3D CAD design, then print the enclosures.  I'm no audio expert and I have no CAD experience, so it's not something I can do.  But I would love someone to design something like a TB speaker module that can be fit into the hood of most modern HO locomotives.  A better driver and a passive radiator, versus a sugar cube speaker.

-Kevin

nyc steve:
Jeremy, I too am in the SSS camp,  I have 2 Kato GP35s that I run MU. They had double sugar cube speakers installed. I replaced 1 with the SSS speaker and ran both of them. The sound difference was amazing.  I now use SSS speakers exclusively.  Just my 2 cents.
Steve

snowdog:
I am a big fan of Scale Sound systems!

ON28:
Just installed a Scale Sounds speaker and PBM upgrading this original Life-Like Proto BL2. I've used iPhone4 speakers until now and there is no comparison. Far better bass and rumble with the 567 ULT sound file. I used a dab of Goo contact cement to secure the custom-designed speaker. I also used copper beading tape to make a "trace" on the component tray for the common (blue wire) connections. Makes for a neater job.

KPack:
Clean installation, well done.  I like the copper beading tape.  I've just used solid strips of brass from detail parts sprues, but the copper tape is more elegant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version