General > General Discussion

It's been kind of quiet here lately

<< < (3/3)

hirailer:
As a professional photographer specializing in portrait photography for many years and now retired, I still love taking ordinary photos of varying subjects. I have a Samsung S4 Android phone that has a 13MP camera which works surprisingly well for most things. It is not without several drawbacks that prevent me from taking good photos, one being the lack of a provision to attach a tripod to it. If possible, one should always use a tripod to ensure good sharp images. I think most model photography and videos can be done with a tripod. The second drawback of cell phone photography is the lack of aperture/shutter speed adjustments.

I ran into the same problem you have uploading images, especially Photobucket which I absolutely detest. I solved my problem by purchasing a great little camera (Canon SX160) that has 16MP. This little camera takes really nice images and videos and is easy to operate, has a tripod provision and fits in my pocket. When I want to upload images I simply pull the SD card out of the camera and pop it into the card reader in my computer, download to Photo Gallery and I'm set. From this program I can do simple manipulations to the images such as cropping and re sizing, the latter being necessary to post photos to this forum. I realize that I have lost the photo sharing capability of Photobucket which when I think about it, it isn't much of a loss.

Mel

Alan:

--- Quote from: hirailer on January 23, 2016, 04:26:19 PM ---As a professional photographer specializing in portrait photography for many years and now retired, I still love taking ordinary photos of varying subjects. I have a Samsung S4 Android phone that has a 13MP camera which works surprisingly well for most things. It is not without several drawbacks that prevent me from taking good photos, one being the lack of a provision to attach a tripod to it. If possible, one should always use a tripod to ensure good sharp images. I think most model photography and videos can be done with a tripod. The second drawback of cell phone photography is the lack of aperture/shutter speed adjustments.

Mel

--- End quote ---
The extraordinarily short focal length of phone cameras is their significant drawback. If f-stop adjustments were introduced with such a microscopic focal length then parallax would be an issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version