RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Hit a roadblock trying to load my picture

<< < (2/5) > >>

Josephbw:
Thanks for the help guys. Can you explain exactly what "set the picture" means. The picture I posted was pre-editing. The one I was using looks just like the one you posted Tim. I have to leave in a bit, and will be back after supper. I'll try again this evening. Thanks again.
Joe

William Brillinger:
"set the picture"  basically what I was string to say was that if the picture was "chosen" anywhere in the RailPro system, you need to "choose" a new picture in that setting before you can delete the old one.

Or worded another way: if the picture is assigned to a locomotive already, you have to assign a new picture before removing the old one.

G8B4Life:
I just learned something too, another way to get the file in use error. Not only can't you delete a picture from a module if it's the current picture you can't delete it from the HC either. From the HC-2 manual: TIP: You will not be allowed to delete some files that are in use.  For example, if a  picture on a locomotive is the currently active picture, you will not be allowed to delete  that file.

So, if a module is using say the RE Loco picture you can't delete the RE Loco picture from the module or the HC.

I think this might be the cause of Joe's trouble but I'm not sure.

Joe, let's follow these steps and let us know where it fails you if it does.

1. Import the picture (use the one I did, I know it works) into RailPro Assistant. Delete your one from RP Assistant first if it's still in there.

2. Download the picture to your HC using RailPro Assistant.

3. Copy the picture from the HC to the LM (Tools > Update Software > Copy File > From HC to the LM you want)

4. Select the locomotive and go to the Locomotive setup page (shifter and screwdriver button)

5. Press the locomotive picture above the save button. Select the new picture. The picture displayed should now change to the new picture. You do not actually have to press the save button.

6. Now you can delete the old picture from the LM. If no other modules are using the old picture then you can also delete the old picture from the HC as well.

- Tim

Josephbw:
I had to give up for tonight. I don't feel well, I have a splinter deep in my finger that I can't dig out, I tried re-entering everything, and got to the same dead end, then RP Asst. locked up on me, then I tried to respond to this thread, and I accidentally deleted the post, then I lost internet connection on my crappy Lenova notebook confuser. I figured that I better quit before I destroy something. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Thanks again for all your help,
Joe

G8B4Life:
Oh I know those days all to well Joe.

You may have to possibly re-install RailPro assistant. Under the hood it's not good software (It actually runs better without having a username/password entered into it so it can connect to the net).

I've sent you an personal message.

- Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version