Author Topic: Ironic  (Read 8604 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
Ironic
« on: January 25, 2017, 09:50:12 PM »
 RP friends

I had a fairly never finished layout but decided to completely take it down as I wanted a different layout using RP. Okay here is the thing, started to draft the plans and wiring the table connecting up all the RP goodies and accomplished most of that but now we bought a house in Arizona and now taking everything apart, pack it up and move !!! Bonus deal on this move, a good size heated-air conditioned room built along side the home. Plenty of outlets, windows and lighting.  Don't have to have any trains in the house, wife likes that idea. Also in the deal, a shop next to the train room for assembling things also AC and a john in there too. Might not see the wife for hours :) Just kidding of course, wink !
Darryl in Ore-gun

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Ironic
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 08:22:39 AM »
You must really enjoy assembling and disassembling layouts.  ;D 
The new house and train room sounds like a great place for a layout, with all the comforts you might need. It may even be your very own "doghouse" when the Mrs. needs you to disappear for awhile.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 04:04:57 PM »
wow, that's quite a move!  happy moving!!!
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 10:14:26 PM »
 The count-down begins. Should be moving into our new home on the 14th of this month. Really a final move as I am just getting too old to make another move outside the final ride.

Here we have at least 60 members and no club house just a monthly meeting at the utility building.  That doesn't cut it at all.

New club where we are going meets every week running trains or chatting. All right !

Darryl in, soon to make that Arid-zona :)

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 10:43:04 PM »
What part of Arizona?
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 12:02:18 AM »
TwinStar
 Oh I guess I should have posted that ? east foothills of Yuma. I had a couple lots there in 1982-3 and lived in my 5th wheel. Actually long before that back in 1955 I was stationed at Yuma Test Site. Heat sure beats cold in my view. Good thing that we all have our preferences as to where we live otherwise it would be too crowded in one place or another.

Cheers, Darryl

TwinStar

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 10:26:14 AM »
Darryl:

That should be a nice dry climate. The older I get the less I like the cold as well.

Jacob Damron

trmhs.org

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 06:59:15 PM »

Yup  We got tired of the cold, damp weather. Also leaving behind mold, mildew. moss and the state animal, the slug. Well the last one is not so but should be. I am only speaking about the western half of Oregon.  Don't get me wrong but summers are pretty nice most of the time.  Onward    ############

TwinStar

• Conductor
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 03:15:10 PM »
I landed in Chicago last night where it was a gorgeous night but minus 8C and then went to Denver where is was minus 7C with 1/4 SM visibility, low overcast, and freezing fog. I'm trying to remember why I didn't bid a Tampa turn this trip. Anything north of Amarillo is pretty in the summer!
Jacob Damron

trmhs.org

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 09:56:44 PM »
 Gents  The move has been accomplished, well some of it anyway, we are here. We will be looking for the semi & trailer show up maybe by next Monday.

Nice room for a new and final layout but in no hurry as I can join in with the local club and they might be surprised when I ask for full throttle power and it won't make any difference whether they have DCC or DC, just give me some juice on the rails.

Oh ya !   Darryl in Arid-zona

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 10:07:51 PM »
Wow, that was quick!  Welcome to AZ!
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 08:06:51 AM »
Now, if anyone asks you how you're doing you can reply "Above average!"

lhaq1092.png
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 08:09:42 AM »
Congrats on the move Darryl. It's good that you have a club to join to fill the train void while you are settling in. Let's see how many of the members you can get to switch over to RailPro. Three for me, so far.  ;)
Al

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 08:50:31 PM »
Al 

I have one fellow that is really interested in RP as I was on the tele asking a few questions about the club and I mentioned that I use RP..   I'll be at next Wednesday nights gathering for sure.

I am just getting used to the warmth and oh ! what a difference. Nice ....

Darryl in Arid-zona

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 09:46:40 PM »
Just hand him the controller. Don't give him any instructions. When he sees how simple it works he'll be hooked.  ;)
Al