RailPro > RailPro Software Updates

HC-2b software revision 1.34

(1/3) > >>

G8B4Life:
This one appears to have slipped through unseen.

HC-2b software v1.34 has been released.

From the What's new Page on Rings Website:

"If you have a HC-2b with program revision 1.31 you need to update the program to the latest revision.  There is a deficiency in the revision 1.31 program that can prevent proper charging if the batteries are allowed to get very discharged.  Revisions newer than revision 1.31 corrects this problem."

Download via RailPro Assistant as usual.

- Tim

CPRail:
Now that I've updated to software 1.34, I'm seeing two interesting issues with my HC-2b, and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same.

1. When charging using the wall wart, I keep seeing messages about charger under voltage. I have been able to charge my HC-2b back to full, but it's taken almost a week over multiple tries.

2. When on the locomotive real-time info screen, I cannot use the Exit Page button on the screen, I have to use the Main Page physical button on the controller itself. I thought at first I had a dead spot on the screen, but that location is used for Exit Page on other screens and it works fine there.

None of these are major issues, but the recharging issue has me concerned.

Thoughts?

William Brillinger:
Ian, Thanks for the heads up on this one. Sounds like it's time to contact Ring with a Bug Report!

G8B4Life:
I wonder if the update completed successfully? Not charging fully was the very thing the update was meant to fix. I'd also check the charger just to make sure it's putting out 5v as it should; perhaps the previous software version wasn't reporting low voltage from the charger.

Apart from getting advice from RE that's all I can really think of.

- Tim

CPRail:
Thanks guys.

I'll check the charger for output, and I'll send a note to Tim @ RE as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version