Author Topic: Photos & Sounds Will Not Load Into LM-3S  (Read 1389 times)

DaneG

• Fireman
Photos & Sounds Will Not Load Into LM-3S
« on: December 28, 2017, 11:53:32 AM »
I am facing a problem trying to load new photos and sound effects into an installed LM-3S. I downloaded the RailPro Assistant Software and am following the instructions in the User Manual. I have no trouble on steps #1-6, but when I get to step #7, I get stuck. I click on the “Picture” button and the list of picture names pops up. The new picture I want shows up on the list, but when I select the picture, nothing happens. I go back to the main menu and the locomotive still shows the generic Ring Engineering locomotive photo. I tried starting over and redoing the entire process 3 times, but each time, the new photo never works. Am I missing a step or could there be a bug in the software?  *

Moderator Edit: Topic moved from the Bug List. Bug List header removed from this post.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 07:55:54 AM by G8B4Life »

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Photos & Sounds Will Not Load Into LM-3S
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 12:09:42 PM »
This may be in the wrong sub-forum but I'll try to help.

If I understand correctly, you downloaded the picture to the HC, then copied it to the LM3-s and went to that locomotive's page. From there you go to the first settings page and click on the Ring locomotive picture. A list of pictures on that LM should show the one you want to use. If you click that picture it will auto-save and become the picture for that locomotive. Did you do anything differently from that? If not, I would download the picture from RPA again and repeat the whole procedure. Let us know if that works.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 12:57:31 PM »
Also please update your LM and HC to the latest 2.03 software.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

DaneG

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 01:40:06 PM »
nodcc4me - Yes, that is the exact procedure I followed. When I select the name of the picture from the Settings page, it does not seem to auto-save. My only option is to click Exit Page. But the new photo never shows up; it's still the generic Ring locomotive photo.

William Brillinger - I received an email response from Ring a few minutes ago suggesting the same thing. I'll give that a try and report back.

DaneG

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 07:42:52 AM »
Good news! Upgrading the HC-2b to the latest software did the trick. Looks like we can take this off of the Bugs List. Thanks everyone!