Author Topic: Copying HandHeld Controller Settings  (Read 2230 times)

JD of Georgia

• Fireman
Copying HandHeld Controller Settings
« on: April 09, 2018, 07:18:45 AM »
OK -- I am a newbie.  But I just bought a second handheld controller and I want to duplicate the setup and settings from my other handheld controller onto it so both will act the same and not have to duplicate all the settings by hand.  Is there a way to do this easily?  I can't seem to find this anywhere! 

Thanks.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Copying HandHeld Controller Settings
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 07:26:59 AM »
Welcome JD. Unfortunately, there is no way to copy settings from one controller to another, but all of the LM settings reside on the LM, and not in the controller, so when you
Find Product on the second controller, all the settings for that locomotive will be in place. There are just a few settings for the controller itself so you can set them quickly.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

JD of Georgia

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 07:49:29 AM »
D'OOHHH!     So the key to keeping the controllers coordinated (including the equipment pictures) is to make one of the HC's my "master" for any programming I do of an LM, then "remove" the product from the second controller and "re-find" the LM and all the stuff downloads to the second HC!   

Thank you SO much.  This was driving me crazy.   

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 08:51:50 AM »
You don't have to delete any products from the second controller.  If you make any changes to a locomotive from a controller, then use a different controller to control the locomotive, you simply need to save the changes on the new controller.  It will prompt you save the locomotive because settings have changed as soon as you select that locomotive on the new controller.

-Kevin

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 08:27:49 AM »
If you make any changes to a locomotive from a controller, then use a different controller to control the locomotive, you simply need to save the changes on the new controller.  It will prompt you save the locomotive because settings have changed as soon as you select that locomotive on the new controller.

Except for the locomotive picture, that information (which picture is being displayed) is stored in the controller. If you change the picture using controller "1" that change is not reflected on controller "2", or any other controller until you change it by either removing the product from the controller and re-detecting it or by assigning the new picture on all the other controllers from the LM setup screen.

- Tim

JD of Georgia

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 09:24:24 AM »
Thanks to everyone for help with this.  The relationship between the HC and LM units is much clearer now.  A very cool system.

-John