RailPro > RailPro Software Updates

EMD 645 Roots ULT now available

<< < (3/3)

TwinStar:

--- Quote from: BruceRogers on December 12, 2018, 08:01:44 AM ---The EMD 16-645E engine was recorded from a GTW GP38-2. I had it on a local and set the brakes on the train and throttled up against the load.

--- End quote ---

That's awesome and thanks for the contribution!

BruceRogers:
You're welcome. I'd really like to get an Alco 244 engine. Unfortunately it might mean a trip out east. I've also recently done another EMD 16-645E3 engine (GP/SD40). The idea is to put together 2 different 645E3s to make a nice DDA40X or have another choice for the GP and SD40s.

TwinStar:
That would be really cool.

Any 567's laying around? It's slim pickings for a modeler with an almost exclusive fleet of F's, E's, and GP7's.

CPRail:
Oooh. I like the idea of 2 slightly different 16-645E3s. Just for a little variety in the gaggle of SD40-2s I have.

drisdon:
Thanks to KPack's explanation of how the "new" Load and Brake features work I changed the manually notched locomotives to the Load and brake feature and really love how when you set the load near 100% so that when you open the throttle it causes the locomotive to naturally notch-up and yet the loco doesn't move till the momentum simulating the train has reached the threshold.  Then once it starts moving you can back off on the throttle and the train will continue to crawl along-it's great!  I had planned to download and install the revised lighting functions last night, but spent over an hour playing with the locomotive and the load and brake features, and I'm just loving the way the GP38-2 sounds and crawls along!  Now I need to update the lighting so that the ditchlights work properly and headlight and dim work correctly too.

I had planned to use some LM-1's, but after playing with this I would prefer to stay with LM-2S and LM-3S's as the Load/Brake feature pretty much eliminates the reason to use manual notching.

Finally, I desperately would like the proper CSX K-5LA horn please!

Dan Risdon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version