General > General Discussion

Forum Suggestions

<< < (3/6) > >>

hirailer:
As Jim stated, we should leave well enough alone. Maybe when we have a much larger membership with a lot more posts, we could think about sub categories. The site as it is now is easy to navigate in and serves us quite well. New categories that might be considered are one for members photos and videos, and possibly another category for open topic discussion. (no politics or religion).

Mel

nodcc4me:
I would agree to keep it simple for now. As a moderator on a large forum I'm aware of the need for sub forums, where necessary. Since the topic of this group is limited strictly to RP discussions, most of the forum suggestions mentioned can be fit into a general forum with possibly just a few subs, as we now have. A well-functioning search box should be able to narrow down topics by title for anyone needing specific information.

dfischer71:
I'm new here, so my experience with this forum is limited.  However, I really liked it when I first got started in it a few weeks ago because of its simplicity AND the fact it is only about RP.  My experience thus far has been excellent, but wish we had more folks involved...that will come in time.

I still like the simplicity and ease of use.  So, I vote for SIMPLE!

If we really want to get off into other railroading topics and themes, there are several other very mature forums that meet that need quite well.

My only suggestion would be to get Tim involved here in some way.  He may not have the time to do that and maybe he monitors the forum, but I would like to see his responses from time to time.  But, I'd rather he spend his time developing new and better products!

Dan

TwinStar:
What about something for other new technologies? I found a new panel control system in AU this is simply amazing that I'd live to share.

Jacob

William Brillinger:

--- Quote from: TwinStar on November 27, 2015, 10:21:54 AM ---What about something for other new technologies? I found a new panel control system in AU this is simply amazing that I'd live to share.
--- End quote ---

My inclination is that if it's not RailPro related, it does not belong here.
Perhaps MRH or another forum would be more appropriate for sharing such topics.

That said, if there is interest from this group, I would not have a problem with creating another category for "off topic discussions".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version