General > General Discussion

Forum Suggestions

<< < (4/6) > >>

TwinStar:

--- Quote from: William Brillinger on November 27, 2015, 11:40:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: TwinStar on November 27, 2015, 10:21:54 AM ---What about something for other new technologies? I found a new panel control system in AU this is simply amazing that I'd live to share.
--- End quote ---

My inclination is that if it's not RailPro related, it does not belong here.
Perhaps MRH or another forum would be more appropriate for sharing such topics.

That said, if there is interest from this group, I would not have a problem with creating another category for "off topic discussions".

--- End quote ---

We had that same mentality with a Free-mo forum and it quickly died out due to such a narrow focus. I do notice on the  truck, motorcycle, gun, and aviation forums that I visit that there are outside topic forums that allow me to peruse other topics and keep me there on that forum which leads me to an overall higher participation.

That's just my opinion though.

Jacob

KPack:
Nothing wrong with an off topic section in my opinion.  The focus of the forum is Railpro, but I think it would be appropriate to discuss other mostly railroad issues as well, though in a separate sub forum.  Other forums are better for general train topics, but something that could be used in conjunction with Railpro would be useful to post here. 

-Kevin

DBeacon:
I noticed two points here today.  One being the "sub-topics", the other being "new technologies".  While I'm other forums, the likes ranging from political to whatever, I too have found them to get bogged down in the "we have to include everything" stance or we lose them.  Being unique, as I hope this site will be, is the end all be all.  It's why I'm here.  Sub-topics relating directly to operations with RP as the backdrop....I'm in. "New technologies" has my full attention.  We've seen DC, we've endured DCC (bad taste )....we, or maybe just me, should be ready for the next big thing.....no wires.  Is that not the implied definition of RP.  I think so.  One step further will be "deadrail", the way many are leaning as I will too.  It is my belief that that will be the direction of the hobby.  Your tools, lawn equipment, phone, computer, I-Pad....the list will grow exponentially and will eventually include our loved hobby.  Time will tell.

Abiqua:
I'm with Bill. This is a RailPro board. Non-RailPro topics should go to the appropriately related boards. Individuals such as my self are trying to learn all we can about RailPro. Sorting through unrelated topics is very distracting and confusing.

TwinStar:

--- Quote from: Abiqua on November 27, 2015, 10:27:51 PM ---Sorting through unrelated topics is very distracting and confusing.

--- End quote ---

If there was a sub forum you wouldn't have to sort, just ignore.

Jacob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version