Author Topic: g Scale Climax installing LM-3S-G problem  (Read 1656 times)

Mrgreen968

• Brakeman
g Scale Climax installing LM-3S-G problem
« on: June 07, 2020, 12:16:52 PM »
I'm installing a LM-3S-G in a "new" Climax. it has the interchangeable board so I chose this route.
I have the motors working but no lights or sound. The track and motor wires were strait forward. on the board what color wire am I missing in putting in the end of LM-3S to get the good stuff to work? On the board there are wires for each function but there is nothing on the LM-3 to hook up, for all of them.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: g Scale Climax installing LM-3S-G problem
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 12:45:05 PM »
I don't know if's it supposed to be included in the LM-3S-G package or not (Bill as a retailer can you confirm this?) but I believe you need a 9 pin JST harness to wire up the outputs to lights etc. Have a look at the wiring diagrams at the end of the LM-3S-G instructions.

http://ringengineering.com/RailPro/Documents/LM-3SGInstructions.pdf

If you didn't get a 9 pin JST harness in the package and you were supposed to then contact the retailer you bought if off for them to chase it up. If the 9 pin JST harness is not supposed to be included in the package then you'll have to buy one, like this one from our friendly host.

It's WH-9 on this order page https://www.pdc.ca/rr/catalog/product/harnesses-keep-alives-and-other-accessories/63.

As I don't have an LM-3S-G I'd wait until Bill can confirm whether your supposed to get one in the package or not and if the 9 pin JST required is the same as I linked to.

- Tim

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 04:05:04 PM »
This is the instruction manual for the LM-3S-G, It indicates that there is a 9 pin connector needed for the lights and speakers.
I am not sure if this connector is included with the LM-3S-G.

http://ringengineering.com/RailPro/Documents/LM-3SGInstructions.pdf
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

ronp

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 03:44:16 PM »
Yes, the nine pin connector is included w the LM-3S-G.  The red/green wires are speaker.  #1 output Orange is defaulted front light, blue is defaulted back light, white is defaulted ditch, next three to be assigned . I don't know if the purple is in use yet.
Ron

fianet

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 12:47:41 PM »
This might be a little off thread, but I am planning to install into my DCC ready Climax and I was wondering what the best sound file presently available would be?