Author Topic: Once in awhile it happens.  (Read 4489 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
Once in awhile it happens.
« on: July 09, 2020, 12:18:31 AM »
I received a LM-1 dirt cheap so cheap I couldn't pass up the deal.  I hadn't done any research before buying the LM-1 and never gave it much thought as to it's capabilities. It had a wiring harness that I have to replace as a few wires are cut off too short. I was surprised that there was two purple wires coming out of the module with a plug attached.  I really didn't know that it had sound? So as far as I know which is next to nill, LM-1 were only sound? Could this be? TOF in Yuma Arid-Zona HOT

GMM6809

• Engineer
  • Glenn M.
Re: Once in awhile it happens.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 01:46:25 AM »
this is the wiring diagram for the LM-1, yeah, it looks like it's sound equipped.
LM-1 diagram and the same but in attachment form...
*LM-1Instructions.pdf

-Glenn
Glenn M.

Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 02:07:02 AM »
Glenn   I found that on RP's website just a few minutes ago. I was surprised about the sound. I thought about using this LM-1 on a On30 diesel switcher that only needs control and lights but now I'll see what about diesel sound.  I might get a chance tomorrow morning to plug it in and see what happens. Follow up soon ------ TOF

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 07:03:36 AM »
They have sound, but very limited storage capacity, so it will not hold the ultimate sound files. There is a recent update for the light files. Check the updates on RPA.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.