Author Topic: Custom Holiday sounds  (Read 1324 times)

GMM6809

• Engineer
  • Glenn M.
Custom Holiday sounds
« on: August 13, 2020, 11:47:10 PM »
Hello all,
I was trying to create a custom file to install in a LM-3S-G module to run around the christmas tree. However, I can't seem to get it working.. I have the sound file how it says it needs to be....
Format: WAV
Sample Rate: 44.1kHz
Resolution: 16 Bits
Channels: Single (Mono)

And yet, when i 'create sound' an error message poops up, saying... "Error"

I don't get it. Help
Glenn M.

Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Custom Holiday sounds
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 12:35:30 AM »
The filename for the wav file is too long. Simply shorten the filename (example, just "Christmas_hohoho.wav") and you'll be good to go. I can't remember exactly how many characters long it can be but I did work it out once. Without me working it out again a pretty good way to check is if the name doesn't completely fit in the blue text box the name is too long.

Why there is no proper error checking with proper error message displayed (your misspelling of pops is a perfect adjective) well, we'll leave that question alone  ::)

- Tim
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 12:42:59 AM by G8B4Life »

GMM6809

• Engineer
  • Glenn M.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 08:30:07 PM »
The filename for the wav file is too long. Simply shorten the filename (example, just "Christmas_hohoho.wav") and you'll be good to go. I can't remember exactly how many characters long it can be but I did work it out once. Without me working it out again a pretty good way to check is if the name doesn't completely fit in the blue text box the name is too long.

Why there is no proper error checking with proper error message displayed (your misspelling of pops is a perfect adjective) well, we'll leave that question alone  ::)

- Tim

Lol! I totally missed that spelling error, but I'll leave it because it's now relevant! wow, I feel foolish.

Thank you for the insight on the file name length, I never would have thought about that being a problem. I'll be sure to try that and see how it goes.

Awesome.
Glenn M.

GMM6809

• Engineer
  • Glenn M.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 10:35:11 AM »
Hey all, just a quick recap. That file name length was indeed the issue. I can not wait to have my daughters engine play the carols going around the tree!
Thanks again!
Glenn M.