Author Topic: LM-3S-G  (Read 4728 times)

ronp

• Fireman
Re: LM-3S-G
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2020, 10:59:32 AM »
Tim

I get the difference in logic now.  Yes I did one by one, not remove all.  The ghost would still be there.  Anyway after all were removed the controller recognized the receiver module after selecting new product.  It came up as I would normally expect it to.  Seems strange.

Ron

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2020, 05:18:22 PM »
Congrats on getting it fixed!  Strange problem, but seems to be working fine now.  It's something we'll keep in mind in case another user encounters something similar. 

Tim - Locomotives on the locomotive pages are organized alphabetically now.  So testing the "ghost" theory is relatively simple.  Change the name/ID of one of the other modules to something later in the alphabet than the others and it should show up on the last page of locomotives.  If there is a blank space somewhere in those pages then the affected module has become a "ghost".

Ron - I understand now why you moved the module.  Satellite internet has been an issue for others as well, though I think Ring fixed most of the connection problems.  The bigger issue is the download speed.  If you'd like, I'm sure that users here could download a list you provide, then send you the "Railpro Assistant Storage" file.  If you know your way around Windows, it's a pretty easy thing to place that file in the right directory, and then all the downloaded sounds will be available in your Railpro Assistant. 

-Kevin

ronp

• Fireman
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2020, 07:44:57 PM »
Kevin,

Thank you, that is a generous offer,  I sort of know my way around windows.  I have the CL-1 usb stick but have not been successful yet with the install.  I will get it installed, work on a list and go from there. 

There are good people on this forum and the time several have given me to help thru this issue is appreciated.

Ron

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2020, 03:15:11 AM »
Kevin,

That's interesting that they list alphabetically now. I haven't used my HC-2 in a very long time; all my testing in months has been with HC Sim and I haven't noticed that doing the alphabetical thing.

Ron,

There should not be any issues these days using the CI-1, the big bug that affected use for some users was fixed quite some time ago. The internet connection problem that affected users leaving RailPro Assistant unable to connect to Ring Engineering was also finally fixed this year so if your having issues let us know what they are and we'll try to solve them as well.

While you might think satellite is slow in reality the download is not really going to be any slower than it is for anyone else, Rings download speed is regulated and in the order of only a few bytes per second.

- Tim
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 03:16:48 AM by G8B4Life »

ronp

• Fireman
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2020, 02:29:14 PM »
Okay thanx

I'm presently getting the Assistant and CI-1  up and working.

Ron

ronp

• Fireman
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2020, 02:54:30 PM »
When attempting to do the HC install I keep running into the same barrier.
I'm using windows 10

I get the "RailProSimulatorinstall.EXE downloaded
I click "yes" to the do you "run this program as an administrator"
And "yes" to the software license

then I get..."error - could not create directories"

Ron

ronp

• Fireman
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2020, 03:25:17 PM »

IMG_1220.jpg

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2020, 06:12:43 PM »
When you ran the software, did you actually right click it and choose "run as administrator" ?
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

ronp

• Fireman
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2020, 06:51:12 PM »
When I clicked "yes" it appeared to try to run but stopped, the error message appeared

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2020, 10:06:27 PM »
To start the installer, go to the folder where you saved it, and right click the file.
Then choose "run as administrator".

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2020, 01:28:36 AM »
This would be so much easier if Ring would make his installers request the proper permissions when run instead of getting the user to right-click and run as administrator. Sigh!

I click "yes" to the do you "run this program as an administrator"

This is asking you conformation that you have "Run as Administrator" when you launched the installer. It does not make the installer run with administrator permissions for you. Bill has given you what you need to do but I'll expand the procedure to cover everything, even if you know how to do some of it already.

Download and save the installer to somewhere like your desktop (or any place on your computer that you can easily find). Do not let your browser run the installer, you must save it to your computer. To save the installer right click on the installers download button on Rings website and select "Save as" or "Save link as" depending on what your browser presents to you.

Once downloaded locate the installer in the place you saved it to. Right click on the installer and select "Run as Administrator".

When the "Do you run this program as an administrator?" dialog box pops up click yes

When the software license agreement pops up click yes

Everything should now install properly without error. This is the same procedure for RailPro Assistant as well which you'll also need to install if you haven't already had it installed.

- Tim

ronp

• Fireman
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2020, 06:32:59 PM »
Bill and Tim thankyou.

Tim, okay, I did not do it the way you have described.  I will have to take my computer to a better data source than I have here.  I will try to follow your procedure step by step

I'll report results.

Ron

ronp

• Fireman
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2020, 09:12:41 AM »

Okay,

I followed the above procedure, good results.  CI-1 installed!!!
Thank you

Ron

ronp

• Fireman
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2020, 09:25:15 AM »

Bill and Tim,

And I now have both the CI-1 and the Assistant installed on my desktop.

The help is greatly appreciated.

Ron

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2020, 10:05:15 AM »
That's great news!