Author Topic: grade crossing  (Read 1219 times)

Bob Van Deusen

• Fireman
grade crossing
« on: August 26, 2020, 05:47:37 AM »
Hello I am new to Railpro is there any way yo configure s button to be used as a grade crossing?

Thank you for any help,
Bob Van Deusen

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: grade crossing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 07:29:40 AM »
Welcome Bob.

In short, from the locomotive control screen, no, it can not be done in that way.

You could use an accessory module to control the grade crossing which you would use a button to control it for but you have to leave the locomotive control screen and go to the accessory page to control it, which sounds like a bit of switching back and forth between screens.

- Tim

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 09:34:52 PM »
Bob - What exactly are you trying to achieve with a grade crossing?  Are you meaning a grade crossing horn signal, like press one button and have the locomotive automatically blow the correct sequence?  If that's what you're looking for, the answer is no.  That is not available on Railpro right now.  It could be added, but it's easy to blow the horn/whistle by pressing the button.

If you are looking for something to control crossing lights, gates, and sounds the answer is yes.  You can either use a AM-1S (Accessory Module with sound) or a plain locomotive module (LM-3S).  The locomotive module can be put into "accessory mode" by loading the accessory program.  Once there a program can be written to control whatever accessories you need.  Either the AR-1S or LM-3S can control lights, sounds, and motor control (for movement of gates).  You will need to hook up a detector somehow if you are wanting things to happen automatically.

-Kevin

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 07:10:15 AM »
press one button and have the locomotive automatically blow the correct sequence?  If that's what you're looking for, the answer is no.  That is not available on Railpro right now.  It could be added, but it's easy to blow the horn/whistle by pressing the button.

If you record your own custom horn sound you could do this. The "crossing" button would play the soundfile you create with the crossing pattern.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Bob Van Deusen

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 08:35:47 AM »
I am just use to other sound decoders that did the grade crossing by a function.  I am quite the newb when it comes to RailPro.

Thank for the info,

Bob Van Deusen