Author Topic: Sound file conversion  (Read 1491 times)

gcarter1945

• Fireman
Sound file conversion
« on: October 11, 2020, 02:40:00 PM »
Background:
   I have a Bachmann Alco S4 that I just installed an LM3S into.  I was able to find the correct prime mover on RailPro Assistant (Alco 539T).  However, the correct horn (Webco E2) is not listed.  I did find the Webco E2 on http://www.ringengineering.com/Sounds.htm#Horns.  Unfortunately it downloads as an mp3 file and it looks like we can only load wav files into the LMs.

Problem:
   Is there a cheap software program that I can download and save the mp3 file in wav format so I can load it into the LM3S?

Inquiring minds want to know.  TIA.

Geoff
Too soon old, too late smart.

KPack

• Conductor
Re: Sound file conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 03:12:57 PM »
Geoff - the file you need is available through the Railpro Assistant program.  It apparently is mislabeled on the Assistant program (Wabco E3 when it should be Wabco E2).  It is a ULT file, so it will be a very smooth sound.

Download through Railpro Assistant as normal and load it up.

-Kevin

gcarter1945

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 05:53:39 PM »
Thanks Kevin.  I did load it and it sounds great.

Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart
Geoff
Too soon old, too late smart.

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 06:36:43 PM »
If it comes up again I would be happy to do any sound file conversions anyone needs. I use Adobe Audition which covers every format imaginable.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

Tom

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 06:13:08 PM »
Can prime mover sounds be converted?  My recollection of what a GP-9 may actually have sounded like back in the day is hazy, but  recently listened to a you-tube video of an HO GP-9 consist and at higher notches there was a bit of a whine that is not in the from the EMD 567-16 ULT.  And, I seem to recall that there was some discussion here a while back about Ring doing a redo on the 567-16 ULT.