Author Topic: LGB 2017 bell and horn sound with no prompting.  (Read 2122 times)

ironacres

• Fireman
LGB 2017 bell and horn sound with no prompting.
« on: December 22, 2020, 09:52:34 PM »
I have done 4 conversions with LSM-3S-G modules, all fine until this one.  Locomotive is running off 18.5 battery, all brushes and pickups removed from loco and tender.  Power leads from modual go directly to pickup shoes.  When at idle the bell and horn will sound all by themselves, this will happen every few minuets.  Is programed for light steam, looks like it is programing, do not know what I could have done wrong.  I have erased and reprogramed, still does it.  Everything else works on command, lights, horn, speed, ECT.   Suggestions.

trainman605

• Engineer
Re: LGB 2017 bell and horn sound with no prompting.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 06:08:00 AM »
I have only had my RailPro installed for three weeks, it is in a LGB diesel and have not had that happen as of yet. I will be doing a second install in two weeks on another LGB diesel.  I have two LGB Moguls ready to go for installs, but holding up on them till RailPro offers a narrow gauge steam sounds. I would probably just call your dealer, or contact Railpro with this question, I would say it's either the download which you said you reprogramed, or in the LSM-3S-G board. I would say it's probably a glitch in the LSM-3G-S board. I hope you post what you find out on this.

trainman

JRad

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 01:23:35 PM »
That's pretty odd. I don't know how you could make that happen in programming.  I agree with Trainman that it may be a problem with the board. I would give Ring a call.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 03:33:06 PM »
Never had anything like this happen with the dozens of modules I've installed.  Most likely a problem with the actual module.  Probably not a hardware problem, but software.  A factory reset of the module will probably fix it.  Ring will need to do that.  They'll take care of you....problems with equipment is rare, but when it happens Ring stands by their work.

-Kevin

ironacres

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 08:32:48 PM »
Did talk to Railpro there not sure. I am going to reprogram a working modual set up for steam the same download I did and see if it happens, that will tell me if modual or programing.  Just odd, no different than other steam programed  modual, just light steam instead of heavy steam.  Try to get a video on.     
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 08:35:01 PM by ironacres »

ironacres

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 05:33:48 PM »
OK.  Programed a new modual the same way and it did the same thing, so not modual, something I am doing.  Talking to Railpro again, more inadept with new info.  Looks like  I had the wrong photo for locomotive, I was using the engine block photo, for startup, changed to steam engine photo.  Handheld was getting wrong information and causing a glitch.  Now chuff rate and sound are perfect, no ghost bell ringing. I should have realized this and read the tips section more inadept.  Its the little things that can cause the biggest problems.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 05:55:00 PM »
Glad you found the issue.  I didn't even think to have you check the function buttons.  Now you know.

Some of the function buttons have actual programming assigned to them, and need to be used correctly.  Otherwise all sorts of weird things happen.  The "Steam Engine" button for steam sound files is one such.  The "Diesel Engine" button for diesels is another.  Also the "Ditch Light" button needs to be used correctly if one is trying to have flashing ditch lights.  Most of the other buttons are just pictures that can have any function assigned to them.  But in order for the prime mover and steam sounds to function correctly they MUST be assigned to the proper function button.

-Kevin

ironacres

• Fireman
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2020, 07:16:10 AM »
Like any programable device, garbage in you get garbage out.  A learning experience.   Thank You, and all that helped.