Author Topic: directional lighting  (Read 1991 times)

Brian W.

• Fireman
directional lighting
« on: February 14, 2021, 04:10:54 PM »
I've got my diesel engines to work well with the automatic directional lighting. Now that I've installed a LM3-S-G in my 4-6-2 pacific I'm unable to get that feature to work on the pacific only. Also after downloading the new heavy steam ULT sounds and updating the HC-2 to the pacific I'm unable to change the sound file to the steam sounds.It doesn't show up as I cycle through the diesel auto/manual. Right now I'm more concerned with the lighting as I'll be using the phoenix sound installed in the used tender.
Any ideas? Thanks for any help.
P.S. The hc-2 was fully charged and I've tried the procedures a couple times.
Brian

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: directional lighting
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 08:43:45 PM »
Make sure the LM-3S-G is updated to version 3.20. The Heavy Steam ULT sound will not work on lesser versions.

Make sure your using this steam engine button steam.png and not this diesel engine button diesel.png to make the LM-3S-G recognise it's a steam engine and not a diesel, you'll get very weird results using the diesel engine button.

The same, make sure your using the steam engine front and rear headlight buttons and not the diesel front and rear headlight buttons for the front and rear headlights.

There is a setting to enable/disable automatic directional lighting on one of the setup screens. Check that this is enabled.

- Tim

Brian W.

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 03:39:02 PM »
Just got through speaking with Ring Engineering, after updating both HC-2b and LM-3S-G to newest versions directional lighting with steam engine settings does not work and for now one needs to use the diesel light images for it to function properly. I did send an email at their request so hopefully they be able to address this issue.
Great people to work with and I'm glad I chose RailPro!
Brian

JRad

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 10:55:35 AM »
As of late September 2021, this is still an issue. I just helped a friend get directional lighting working on a Shay locomotive by changing the button pictures to the diesel outline buttons for front and rear light.

gregeusa

• Engineer
    • Greg's web site
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 04:10:58 PM »
Shouldn't this issue be reported on the bug list forum also, or has it been fixed?
Lots of tips and techniques on my site: www.elmassian.com contact me greg@elmassian.com