Author Topic: LM-3 programming question  (Read 1015 times)

faithie999

• Conductor
LM-3 programming question
« on: March 07, 2021, 03:41:51 PM »
I model the New Haven RR.  in the mid-50's, the NH president wanted to create a vehicle that would service short routes that didn't merit a locomotive and a coach.  the NH developed the Mack Railbus, which is basically a Mack passenger bus on rail trucks.  He had 12 built, but only one or 2 ever saw service.  I bought the Crown Custom brass model and it is breathtakingly beautiful.  there is room inside for an LM-3, which I just installed.  I wanted to get it up and running so I left the lighting PCB and the TINY incandescent lights in place, but at some point I will remove all that and install SMD LED's for the head and tail lights and interior lights.

there is a thread on the New Haven historical society forum that just had an interesting post:

>>I had Tony`s install Lok Sound DCC and sound into my two rail buses. He programmed them to turn on the interior lights when stopped. He also did the gear upgrades for me. They run pretty good and look great.<<

would this be possible to program into an LM-3?
thanks!

Ken

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: LM-3 programming question
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 08:37:52 PM »
Unfortunately for you there's no provision for that though I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for Ring to put in if enough people wanted it. I don't think I can see a reason for the automation in that scenario though, the interior lights would come on no matter where you were stopped; station or otherwise.

- Tim

KiloWhiskey

• Engineer
  • Kevin W.
Re: LM-3 programming question
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 11:29:51 PM »
I would love to tie in a led output to the engine sound to illuminate the number boards when engine sound is running...
Kevin

In my defense, I was left unsupervised....