Author Topic: Getting files from computer onto rp assistant  (Read 1688 times)

Davidbross

• Engineer
Getting files from computer onto rp assistant
« on: March 23, 2021, 02:37:32 PM »
I was able to download from rp's site to the computer and remote.

I tried downloading some custom sounds from this user group.  I have them on the computer in wav format.  I opened rp assistant and tried to download file from the computer to the program to make a loop, but the only place the assistant will look on the computer is at the files I downloaded from Ring already.  Can anyone help me?

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: Getting files from computer onto rp assistant
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 04:43:37 PM »
Move, or copy, the files to the RP folder where the Ring downloads are.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 09:33:33 PM »
The RailPro Assistant manual has the info to get you on the right track: http://ringengineering.com/RailPro/Documents/RailProAssistantUsersManual.pdf.

How to make custom pictures, sounds etc starts at page 26. Essentially in the "Select here to load files from this computer..." section you need to select the sound button and then select the "Select option then press here..." button. This will bring up a screen where you can create the sound file from the .wav files.

- Tim

trainman605

• Engineer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 08:21:28 AM »
My dealer told me that this was not to be done as it was something of a legal issue with RailPro and it was protected by them for legal reasons, which he did not go into. Now I have no reason to do this, so I just blew it off as something I wouldn't want to do anyway. I would think that when going into RailPro Assistant on line there system might detect these other downloads, but me not being a tech guy I wouldn't know what and can't be done. All being said, good luck.

trainman 

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 10:24:45 AM »
My dealer told me that this was not to be done...

Whoever your dealer is they are not very well informed or didn't understand what was being asked. RP most certainly has the ability for the user to create custom sounds, they even give you the tools and instructions to do so.

- Tim