Author Topic: not found, can't connect  (Read 1423 times)

mcbunton

• Fireman
not found, can't connect
« on: March 25, 2021, 02:37:50 PM »
I have tried searching the threads and can't find it.   Bought a new to me loco with Railpro already installed.  Was very pleased when it arrived and I was immediately able  connect to my HC.   Then I had trouble with my HC and finally had to send it to Ring.  Just got it back and that loco is still shown but get a message "can't connect".  My other engines connect fine.

Also confusing is I bought another HC and it found and connected to my other engines immediately.  But it has never found the loco mentioned above, keeps giving a "no new products found".

Battery is charged up, forgot to mention I am G scale, dead rail.

P.S. for those with HC problems with charging, I read all the threads, tried everything, contacted Ring and they gave me instructions, nothing worked.  Finally sent it in and they said it had a dead cell, that they had not seen before.  Fixed it no charge, very pleased with their service and helpfulness.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: not found, can't connect
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 03:03:09 PM »
As long as there is power to the module, Find Product should be able to bring it up, unless it has already been found. First check the wiring from the battery to the module for breaks. If the wiring is good, in the HC, try to Remove the locomotive. If it comes up in the choices, remove it and then try to Find it again. If it doesn't come up using the Remove function there has to be something preventing the module from getting power. The only other possibility is that there is a problem within the module itself, but if it worked before it should work now.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.