Author Topic: Staging Yard Route Control  (Read 1648 times)

fianet

• Fireman
Staging Yard Route Control
« on: March 29, 2021, 02:07:06 PM »
I have a small staging yard (four yard lines) off my mainline with four switches.

I would like a single button control using an AM-1 for controlling switches for the selected the route (kind of like a macro).

Route A: SW1 straight, SW2 straight, SW3 straight, SW3 straight. Stays on main line
Route B: SW1 turn, SW2 turn, SW3 straight, SW3 straight. Turns off mainline and turns onto Yardline 1
Route C: SW1 turn, SW2 straight, SW3 turn, SW3 straight. Turns off mainline and turns onto Yardline 2
Route D: SW1 turn, SW2 straight, SW3 straight, SW3 turn. Turns off mainline and turns onto Yardline 3
Route E: SW1 turn, SW2 straight, SW3 straight, SW3 strait. Turns off mainline and turns onto Yardline 4

Can railpro do this/how?

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Staging Yard Route Control
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 05:13:41 AM »
It should be doable but you'd have to write a custom program for the AM-1 and it might depend on how you drive the points, you'd probably have to detect which way the points are set or the point machine would need to be able to somehow ignore being requested to be driven in the same direction it's already set for. Other than that I can't help much without experimenting myself which I don't have an AM-1 to do.

- Tim

fianet

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 02:49:58 PM »
thanks for the feedback Tim.

Do you know where can I find information on writing a custom program for an AM-1?

Gordon Huber

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 04:16:26 PM »
Do you know where can I find information on writing a custom program for an AM-1?

Page 39 of the RPA manual: http://ringengineering.com/RailPro/Documents/RailProAssistantUsersManual.pdf
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

fianet

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 06:41:28 PM »
Thanks bill.

looks like i got some reading to do