Author Topic: Repeater for railpro deadrail garden railway  (Read 1182 times)

fianet

• Fireman
Repeater for railpro deadrail garden railway
« on: April 05, 2021, 12:38:10 AM »
I run battery power on my garden railroad with railpro but I am having trouble on a leg that is around the back of my house with the radio signal and was looking for ideas on a repeater. It would be preferred if I could power it with battery that is on solar charging.
  Anyone have any ideas?

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Repeater for railpro deadrail garden railway
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 08:29:16 AM »
There's only one solution at the moment, and it's not a cheap one unfortunately. You'll need to get a PWR-56 which has the repeater functionality built in. As you'd only be powering the PWR-56 itself and nothing else there should be no problem with powering it from a battery.

Someone here might possibly have one they could sell for cheap or (and you should definitely try this) try to get Ring to sell you a PWR-56 without the included PA-2 power supply as you don't need it. Explain to him you do outdoor G scale battery power and you simply need the repeater functionality as you do have a coverage issue. If he won't do it then ask him when he's going to make a pure repeater available then.

Now that said, I don't know how much extra coverage you'd actually get as I've never tested the range myself.

- Tim