Author Topic: Bachmann Alco S2 install - prep work  (Read 5153 times)

cws

• Fireman
Bachmann Alco S2 install - prep work
« on: April 24, 2021, 01:45:51 PM »
I'm attempting my 1st RailPro install.  The 1st step is new wires to the motor (done) and the trucks but I can't seem to figure out how to remove the trucks from the frame so I can get at the wiper contacts. 

IMG_9848 (1).jpeg

any suggestions?  the Bachmann drawing that came with the unit isn't really that helpful.  I don't see how to detach the trucks and wanted to ask before I start breaking things!  I don't see any screws that seem to be holding the trucks on.... 

IMG_9849.jpeg

I tried asking on the Bachmann forum but I couldn't upload any pictures. 

Gibs

• Engineer
Re: Bachmann Alco S2 install - prep work
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 02:51:19 PM »
If I recall correctly its a 4 tab clip on top that needs all 4 tab holes in the top cap to be slightly pried away from the truck. Usually doing one side then the other is the easiest as you only have to deal with 2 tabs at one time. But it can re-clip back on as you endeavor to undo the other side, so a bit of card paper shoved in there works a treat. But its been a long time since I owned a Bachmann .................
Cya Down The Line.

cws

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 03:00:52 PM »
yea, that was my 1st thought too but so far my attempts to pop those clips off haven't been very productive...   I'll give it another go and follow up! 

thanks!

cws

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 07:39:36 PM »
yup... just needed the right tool... a utility knife blade allowed me to pull up one side and then send the clip flying when I popped off the other side...  all parts accounted for! 

thanks Gibs!

Gibs

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 09:30:32 PM »
lol, I'm glad it worked. Just be careful that the blade don't go flying off too, could get nasty!
Sometimes even with model trains you need safety glasses.

Have fun! :D
Cya Down The Line.