Author Topic: Lighting question  (Read 1598 times)

Josephbw

• Conductor
Lighting question
« on: May 17, 2021, 08:55:29 AM »
I have a few engines that run long hood forward. I reversed the motor rotation, and that works fine. But the headlights don't play along. I swapped the front and rear light images but that didn't change anything. I looked in the manual but couldn't find anything relevant. Any ideas?

Thanks, Joe

PS. I downloaded Bill's HC Simulator Switcher. I just found it the other day. I wish I had it earlier, it would have saved me many hours of twiddling my thumbs.  ;)

Josephbw

• Conductor
Re: Lighting question
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 08:35:41 AM »
I got it figured out. You go to the page where you make changes to the engine sounds, lights, etc. Then click on either the front or rear light and under the upper box there is a box that shows the wire color for that light. If it shows a white wire, click on the wire picture until the yellow wire shows up. Then go to the other light and do the same thing, change it from yellow to white. Then save it. Also be sure to change the motor rotation to reverse.

Joe

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 12:04:49 AM »
Sorry Joe, I completely missed your post when you first asked the question.  Yes, changing light outputs is very simple.  Just tap until you get the right wire and you're done.

-Kevin

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 09:31:14 AM »
No problem Kevin. Some days my brain density gets pretty thick, but if I spend enough time at it, I can sometimes figure out how to do the task. Thanks for all your help.

Joe

PS, My father had Alzheimer's and my mother had Dementia, so there's not much hope for me.  :(