Author Topic: Assistant  (Read 21069 times)

ronp

• Fireman
Re: Assistant
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2021, 02:46:35 PM »
It's possible that the router is the culprit.  Yes, occasionally when loading a website it might take two tries.  I also have occasionally noticed buffering for a moment while streaming.  The wifi is Starlink which is still in the process of building and testing.

I will get a cable for a test.

You have spent a lot of time working with me on this issue.  I want to make sure that you know your efforts are appreciated.

Thank you

Ron

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2021, 08:55:33 PM »
I've been able to connect to Ring's RPA lots of times over the last month, even up to 2 days ago. This evening I tried to set up my newest engine, but I could not connect. I ran Tim's test and it also failed to connect. BTW They didn't come out with ver 4.01 in the last 2 days, did they?

Joe

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2021, 09:40:13 PM »
The wifi is Starlink which is still in the process of building and testing.

Ohhhhh, Satellite internet that's still in beta phase; that throws a few spanners in the works.

I've tried researching Starlinks equipment, not much to find on it. If you look at the router it may have a port on the back labelled Aux or Aux 1, I think you can plug a network cable to your computer there.  If it doesn't have that port then from what I can gather there is no where you can plug a network cable into with the supplied equipment; you'd have to buy a separate router to have a wired connection. I'll keep on researching to see what I can find out.

There may not be anything we can do, as Starlink is still testing there could be a multitude of things happening in their network that could cause packet loss. I'm still thinking of how we can possibly test that.

...but I could not connect. I ran Tim's test and it also failed to connect. BTW They didn't come out with ver 4.01 in the last 2 days, did they?

No, they did not come out with 4.01 in the last couple of days, it's been out for 20 months. If your talking about the test in my "Looking for a volunteer" thread, that test is designed to prevent RPA from connecting.

- Tim

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2021, 11:27:08 AM »
I realize the purpose of the test, I was just letting you know my results.

Joe