Author Topic: New Members!  (Read 23225 times)

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: New Members!
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2017, 07:54:14 AM »
Welcome to all the new members! 
As of today we have 200.

Please take a moment to introduce yourselves, we'd like to hear from you.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

CampbellRice

• Fireman
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2017, 09:51:09 AM »
Hello everyone, RailPro has gained my intrest about a year ago and I just couldn't pull the triger until this past week. I saw the new update and I made the decesion to go RailPro. I am coming from a DigiTrax and LokSound system to RailPro. I have my system on order and I'm looking forward to diving into it. I will admit my knowledge of decoder installs is limited to plug and play so this system seems as it will be a challenge to install. It seems most loco manafactures are leaning more heavely toward complete DCC installs and it will make it harder for RailPro to be installed.
Any how I'm sure I wil need help and advice in the future and if anyone out there does custom RailPro installs I am looking for you.
Thanks
Campbell Rice

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2017, 10:38:30 AM »
Welcome Campbell to RPUG and the RailPro world. We have a few residents here who are brilliant on all things electronics and installation. Ask away with any questions!
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

Carter

• Fireman
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2017, 07:24:59 PM »
Evening everyone. I started in trains at birth. Dad would set up Christmas layout. Lionel and American Flyer. 1950s. Still have Lionel and the  American Flyer. Last 50 years HO. I have DCC MRC unit but never got into it in a big way. Older engines required a lot of tinkering to set up for DCC thus not much got done bought new DCC ready.

Read the latest article in MRH by Bruce Petrarca and sounded great. No programming no CVs to set, etc.etc.etc.

Retired for the 3rd time, gotta keep busy you know, and will buy the RP system when I return home. Bill can you quote me on a starter set please.   G-Kids occupy a lot of my time as I fly in and out of JAX.

So Monte if you like to get together sometime let me know. I live near Lake City and I-10.

I look forward to learning from this forum and please pass on the best practices for RP system. Also, Kevin you have a lot of info and videos and presented a very informative video that helped me make the decision to go RP. Thank you.

Carter Morgan

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2017, 09:08:32 PM »
Welcome to the group Carter!

I've sent you an email..
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2017, 03:38:54 AM »
I look forward to learning from this forum and please pass on the best practices for RP system. Also, Kevin you have a lot of info and videos and presented a very informative video that helped me make the decision to go RP. Thank you.

Welcome Carter and all other new members.

There is a wealth of information for the new RailPro user to be gleaned from this forum and it's members so spend some time reading the posts and when you have questions ask away.

One thing I'd consider "best practice" is to strongly consider ordering a CI-1 as well, it will save you a tonne of time (battery time that is) when you want to copy files to modules and tweak settings. I'd say most of us here that actively participate on the forum have a CI-1 for just that purpose.

+1. Another score for Kevin's videos!

- Tim

Martex

• Fireman
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2017, 04:51:03 PM »
I am returning to the hobby after over 25 years away. When I left the hobby Hornby was the only game in town unless you built your own. Now that I have returned am Have been amazed at the changes in the hobby. I recently read the article about Rail Pro in the October issues of MRH. Since returning to the hobby I have made a small investment in Decoders as Our local club has  Digitrax system. My biggest complaint so far is the difficulty programming to get the sounds and functions. If I wanted to spend hours programming I would have become a computer nerd or geek whatever the correct PC term is.  I live in Hawaii and we have no hobby shops that stock railroad much less DCC systems so everything I have learned is from my club members or the internet.

Rail pro peaked my interest due to the easy of programming and the easy of consisting. We spent hours at the club trying to consist and have had marginal results. I watched  several excellent videos on you tube by Kpac, which is Kevin I believe.  Those videos have all but sealed the deal for me.

I am looking forward to learning and hopefully sharing ideas and results with all of you. I have lots of questions so please bear with me.

Aloha

Gary

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2017, 08:19:06 PM »
Rail pro peaked my interest due to the easy of programming and the easy of consisting. We spent hours at the club trying to consist and have had marginal results.
Aloha
Gary

You will be amazed. And so will your DCC club members. ;) Wait until you see how insanely easy it is with RP. Eat your heart out DCC people! CVs are so 90's.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2017, 01:33:29 AM »
I am returning to the hobby after over 25 years away. When I left the hobby Hornby was the only game in town unless you built your own. Now that I have returned am Have been amazed at the changes in the hobby. I recently read the article about Rail Pro in the October issues of MRH. Since returning to the hobby I have made a small investment in Decoders as Our local club has  Digitrax system. My biggest complaint so far is the difficulty programming to get the sounds and functions. If I wanted to spend hours programming I would have become a computer nerd or geek whatever the correct PC term is.  I live in Hawaii and we have no hobby shops that stock railroad much less DCC systems so everything I have learned is from my club members or the internet.

Rail pro peaked my interest due to the easy of programming and the easy of consisting. We spent hours at the club trying to consist and have had marginal results. I watched  several excellent videos on you tube by Kpac, which is Kevin I believe.  Those videos have all but sealed the deal for me.

I am looking forward to learning and hopefully sharing ideas and results with all of you. I have lots of questions so please bear with me.

Aloha

Gary

Welcome Gary. Several of use owe our new found RailPro existences to Kevin (KPac).
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

MRL Trains

• Fireman
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2017, 07:28:00 PM »
Hello All
I've decided to take the plunge! It wasn't an easy decision until the recent upgrades including the Dual Mode DCC.  Now it's a no-brainer.

I recently set the Golden Spike on my large HO layout of MRL's Mullan Pass.   I'm heavily invested in DCC with 30+ locos decoder equipped.  This is mainline layout that's all about getting long trains up the mountain pass with helper service.  Of course this requires lots of consisted locos and speed matching is the key to successful operations.  I've spent untold hours in the past speed matching locos and testing different decoders looking for the right combination of excellent motor controls, great sound and reasonable cost.  Most fell short on one count or the other.  With the new layout up and running I knew I had to up my fleet by at least 15 locos.   I was 95% sure I was going to standardize on Soundtraxx because they always run the best in consist,  even thou other brands had features I really wanted like loadable sounds.

On top of that, I planned to buy a few more NCE throttles too. Needed for op sessions. 

Railpro caught my eye when it first came out but it wan't mature enough for my needs.  Now with the latest upgrades it absolutely is.  Bruce Rogers brought over a few of his locos and we did some testing on my layout.  The Dual Mode sold me.  Especially when we ran his Railpro consist with Engine Driver (smartphone) throttle via JMRI.   

All my new locos will get Railpro and I will replace existing decoders as budget permits.  Until then I can easily live in both worlds simultaneously.  Outstanding!  Thanks Ring.

I look forward to working with all you guys on this list.

Chris Heili
MRL Trains
Modeling the Mullan Pass in 1995