Author Topic: HC knob  (Read 7602 times)

mcbunton

• Fireman
HC knob
« on: June 20, 2021, 05:50:20 PM »
does anyone besides me find it intuitive to turn the knob clockwise as configured for forward, but then try to turn it counterclockwise for reverse?  Then I wake up and realize you have to hit the screen for reverse and then continue to turn clockwise for speed.

probably a dumb comment the long time users will dismiss, but I guess I am still new enough I don't have it ingrained in my mind the way it works, instead of what I try to do................

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: HC knob
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 08:21:33 PM »
I don't do that but I do find myself giving the knob a big counterclockwise spin as my train comes to a complete stop. In the past the train might move a tiny bit when I was uncoupling. When I looked at the screen I would see my loco was actually at 1% or thereabouts when I thought it was zero. Been a habit to spin the knob ever since.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

Josephbw

• Conductor
Re: HC knob
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 08:47:45 PM »
I've also done what Alan does when I"ve been running at high speed. Several times I thought it was stopped only to find that behind my back it moved by some mysterious function of the train gods, :o

Joe