Author Topic: no files to load  (Read 3991 times)

Craig

• Fireman
no files to load
« on: November 16, 2015, 08:04:55 PM »
Has anyone had the issue of the controller giving the error message "no files to load" when you try to download a photo from the RailPro Assistant software to your controller?  The photo file is sitting right there in the download list and the USB Connected icon is green. It worked before but now I just get the error message.

KPack

• Conductor
Re: no files to load
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 08:23:43 PM »
Try disconnecting the controller and reconnecting....by keeping it plugged in but powering it off and then back on while still in Railpro Assistant..  I've had that error before and I found that if I did that it worked.  Why?  I have no idea.  But it seemed to resolve the issue.  It may be something that needs to be brought to Ring's attention.

-Kevin

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 08:49:05 PM »
I find that when I see these kinds of errors, unplugging the USB cord from the HC and then reconnecting it will usually solve it.

I only ever see these issues with files that need to be downloaded from Ring. Files that are local never seem to give me problems. I think it may be due to an unstable network connection.

Out of curiosity, are you using a wired network connection from your computer to the router, or is it wireless?

I have not reported the issue to Ring so far either.

MODERATOR NOTE: TOPIC SPLIT to it's own thread.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:51:05 PM by William Brillinger »
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

hirailer

• Engineer
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 10:34:15 PM »
I had the same problem. It took several disconnect and connect actions to finally download some horn sounds from the Ring website. I was using a laptop Win7, Firefox browser with WiFi connection to internet.

Mel
Having more fun with RailPro

Craig

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 06:00:52 PM »
Sorry it took awhile to respond, I had to go out of town unexpectedly. Anyway I'm using a wireless connection. I do wonder if that has something to do with it. When I just tried it again it worked with no issues. So it's an intermittent problem.

LW93Rcode

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 09:50:58 PM »
I've had problems with that as well.  Its very annoying when the file is 80-90% done and you get the can't connect or not enough space message.  It always ends up working eventually. 

-Laurence

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 11:39:19 PM »
I think this is a common problem. I have it a lot too. I seem to recall it was related to using wi-fi.

Has anyone had this issue when hardwired to the network?
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

LW93Rcode

• Fireman
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 12:01:56 AM »
The computer I use for Railpro is hardwired.  It is a bit older computer running windows Vista.  It used to happen to me once a while.  When I went to load all the steam sounds it seemed to happen more frequently.  Mainly with the larger files such as the prime movers, and light and heavy steam. 

-Laurence