Author Topic: Known issue using an LM-S3 as an accessory module?  (Read 1224 times)

JRad

• Conductor
Known issue using an LM-S3 as an accessory module?
« on: September 25, 2021, 09:47:11 AM »
I have an LM-3S installed in a large scale caboose as an accessory module used to control the lighting and play some sound effects. It works great but suffers from a few controller issues.

Because it's an LM, even though it has the accessory program loaded, it shows up on the Locomotive page as well as the Accessory page. Accessing the module from the Locomotive page results in none of the accessory  buttons being displayed. This in itself isn't a real problem BUT...

Once the module has been accessed from the Locomotive page or by pressing the photo on the Control Locomotive page, no matter where you access the module from, no buttons appear.

I tried lots of different things trying to fix this, including reloading the LM with both the Accessory Program and the Project file to making sure the Project file resided on the HC. None of that solved it until I tried the Clear Active Loco List function. Once cleared, if accessed via the Accessory page, everything looks and works fine.

I'm not sure if the is a "bug", and if it is I don't know if it would be in the LM or HC program.  I do know that it's annoying!

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Known issue using an LM-S3 as an accessory module?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 10:13:18 AM »
That would be a pain! and I don't think anyone here knew about it - I guess very few of us LM's as accessory modules.

The bug, if there is one, is more likely to be in the HC software, as an accessory (whether AM or LM) is only supposed to show up as an accessory or turnout depending on the type of accessory.

I might give this a quick test once the sun comes up.

- Tim