Author Topic: Video: RailPro test run Bachmann Large Scale Shay  (Read 16700 times)

JRad

• Conductor
Video: RailPro test run Bachmann Large Scale Shay
« on: December 26, 2021, 08:34:41 AM »
This video highlights sound and operational capability of a RailPro LM-3s-G in a Bachmann Large Scale Shay. The locomotive is battery powered using 4 Lithium-Ion cells; 2 in the boiler and one in the air tank. The LM-3S-G along with a large speaker are located in the bunker.  The complete upgrade procedure is documented on Large Scale Central in this thread: https://largescalecentral.com/t/cvsry-shay-5-change-to-railpro/81788

Here is the video...

Not a valid vimeo URL

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Video: RailPro test run Bachmann Large Scale Shay
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 08:57:30 AM »
Nice locomotive and great sound. How much run time do you get with the batteries?
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

JRad

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 09:37:02 AM »
My layout is point-to-point so I don't ever run continuously.  I've rarely had batteries go flat during a session that might last 3 or 4 hours, but again much of that time is stopped and idling during switching operations.

I'll guess that in a loop situation you could easily get 2 hours of run time. My batteries in this loco are a 14.8v pack made with 2200Mah cells.  In my larger locos I am using 3.5Mah packs.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 11:11:19 AM »
That’s not bad at all. Works well for an outdoor layout.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

mickey

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 09:44:00 PM »
Video link not showing for me.

JRad

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 08:23:52 AM »
Try this:
https://vimeo.com/659142710

For some reason this board doesn't like the link.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 08:25:40 AM by JRad »

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 09:08:24 AM »
Embedding Vimeo used to work, so something has changed; either with Vimeo or with the forum software. I might ask over at the SMF forums if anyone knows but if Bill one day gets around to updating this forum to the latest forum software embedding Vimeo isn't supported in that so it won't be of much consequence anyway.

Edit: It appears Vimeo embedding was a mod to the standard SMF install so my guess is that something changed at Vimeo's end. Still, if Bill upgrades the forum embedding Vimeo isn't part of the standard install anyway and the mod may not work in the latest forum software either.

- Tim
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 09:27:40 AM by G8B4Life »