Author Topic: Video: RailPro Multi Unit Consist with 5 Mis-Matched Locomotives  (Read 5005 times)

JRad

• Conductor
Video: RailPro Multi Unit Consist with 5 Mis-Matched Locomotives
« on: December 26, 2021, 08:46:48 AM »
One of the features of RailPro that completely sold me on the system is the simple and effective method of setting up multiple unit consists.  This video was originally to be a simple demonstration how smooth 5 mis-matched locos will operate both up and down a curving 4% grade.  Then an early AM Christmas Eve snow arrived. In order to be sure the line was clear of any snow or obstructions before running the 5 unit consist up the hill, a Plow Extra was called. The first half of the video shows a double-ended two locomotive plow train in action. Once the line is clear, the two diesels drop their plows and take their position at the rear of the consist lead by three steamers.

Enjoy the video....

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Video: RailPro Multi Unit Consist with 5 Mis-Matched Locomotives
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 09:04:15 AM »
Nice layout. I guess the LM’s are not affected by cold.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

JRad

• Conductor
Re: Video: RailPro Multi Unit Consist with 5 Mis-Matched Locomotives
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 09:39:29 AM »
They seem to do fine in the cold. The locos and batteries were at interior room temperature when I started.

My camera, not so much.  Several clips that were filmed for this movie cut short when the camera gave up due to "low battery". When it warmed up it showed a full battery!