Author Topic: PSX and CB-1 together  (Read 1195 times)

ON28

• Conductor
PSX and CB-1 together
« on: February 05, 2022, 11:13:36 AM »
Hello--

I have a number of DCC Specialties PSX circuit breakers on my layout; can I mix in CB-1 breakers daisy-chained to the PSXs? It would seem so, as they both use the two-wire track power conections. My power panel shown, I like to keep things neat. Thanks!

PowerDistributionPanel2 copy.jpg

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: PSX and CB-1 together
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 12:29:50 PM »
CB-1 is not compatible with DCC. CB-1 is polarity sensitive. DCC is not. Straight DC versus square wave DC.

note.JPG
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

ON28

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 01:21:15 PM »
Thanks Alan. That info and the warning not to connect to DCC was buried in the manual. And seemingly counter-inituitive to this layperson, as RP modules can (and I do) run on my NCE-powered layout. I've got writer's block searching for the appropriate simile.

Also, can an Atlas Controller be used to manually control a DCC reverse loop?

Say, did you ever post your S-2 install?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 01:23:36 PM by ON28 »

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 02:24:23 PM »
Thanks Alan. That info and the warning not to connect to DCC was buried in the manual. And seemingly counter-inituitive to this layperson, as RP modules can (and I do) run on my NCE-powered layout. I've got writer's block searching for the appropriate simile.

To the best of my knowledge an LM is the only DCC compatible device Ring sells.

Also, can an Atlas Controller be used to manually control a DCC reverse loop?

Nope.

Say, did you ever post your S-2 install?

Have only done the one so far. Five units awaiting. Didn't document the one install. Will document my next one.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro