Author Topic: DCC control issues  (Read 1558 times)

GMM6809

• Engineer
  • Glenn M.
DCC control issues
« on: February 28, 2022, 01:01:21 AM »
Hello all, I have a few questions I’m hoping to get some clarity on. I’m also going to post this in the Facebook.

I’m regards to enabling the DCC control/address for the LM-3S, I’ve been having some issues.

-I have the feature enabled
-The layout is using NCE for power and control cabs
-individually the locomotives respond, in 128 speed steps. (The prime mover sounds turn off randomly sometimes)

The issue is that when I try to consist them via the NCE consisting features, they do not move. I do have control over the lights and sounds of the first unit.

I tried to consist 2 units up to 4 units, they all did not move when consisted.

Additionally I noticed a few times I would set the speed steps to 128, and about half way the would just convert back to 28 without any other inputs.

Additionally, I have tried to consist one engine with another manufacturer’s decoders (locsound) and it also did not respond..

What can I do to get them to function properly in DCC mode?
Glenn M.

Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: DCC control issues
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 06:10:31 AM »
This is a known problem with NCE and consisting: https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,540.0.html.

Pretty much the ball is in NCE's court to update their system to support 128 speed steps when consisting. I wouldn't hold my breath.

- Tim

GMM6809

• Engineer
  • Glenn M.
Re: DCC control issues
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 11:21:23 AM »
This is a known problem with NCE and consisting: https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,540.0.html.

Pretty much the ball is in NCE's court to update their system to support 128 speed steps when consisting. I wouldn't hold my breath.

- Tim

Hey Tim, thanks for that! I must not have searched the key terms.
Glenn M.

Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps.