Author Topic: Prime Mover download issue  (Read 2141 times)

Davidbross

• Engineer
Prime Mover download issue
« on: March 04, 2022, 06:46:18 PM »
I have been unable to get the prime mover file gevo 12 tier ult to download successfully into an engine.  I have tried the HC simulator and a physical remote.  The file downloads for a while and then says cannot connect to locomotive.  The engine is within 12 inches of the computer when I use the HC simulator and right next to the remote when I try that way.  I have tried three different engines.

JRad

• Conductor
Re: Prime Mover download issue
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 10:24:57 AM »
I think I recall having this problem a while back.  Not certain how I solved it, but I think I figured that the file was too big for the space in the module, so I deleted un-needed sounds from the module first, then tried again.  Eventually it loaded.  ULT files are huge by comparison to standard sounds!

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 01:22:47 PM »
Yup, you'll need to remove any existing prime mover files from the module. Try again and see if the problem is resolved.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Davidbross

• Engineer
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 01:27:59 PM »
Thank you.  I was afraid to remove my prime mover in case I had an issue getting one in.  I'll try it!

Davidbross

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 04:18:14 PM »
Deleting the other file before putting in the new one seems to have done it.  I won't know until the speaker I am waiting on shows up.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 07:10:03 PM »
If it loaded and shows up in the files on the LM-3S, then you are good to go.  Glad you got it working.

-Kevin