Author Topic: Rail Pro and DCC enabled  (Read 1259 times)

nortoneye

• Engineer
Rail Pro and DCC enabled
« on: April 21, 2022, 02:40:25 PM »
Hi all,

Our Club is having an open house this weekend and I would like to have some of my Rail Pro engines (which is all of them) operated by DCC if possible.  I've enabled DCC in the engine module-and when we enter the address in the Digitraxx controller nothing happens.  I must be missing something on this.  Any advice???   

thanks in advance for any thoughts

Jim

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Rail Pro and DCC enabled
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 08:55:36 PM »
Two things immediately spring to mind; The DCC system must be in 128 speed step mode for RP's DCC mode to work (28 speed steps and the LM won't respond to DCC commands) and, if you've added a keep alive before the LM using a bridge rectifier then the LM's DCC mode won't work at all because the bridge rectifier wipes out the DCC signal.

- Tim

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 08:42:21 AM »
There's no keep alive (yet) so it could be the DCC speed step set up.  I'll see if I can find that out from the DCC folks at the club.  Normally I would use the HC-2, but I'll be in a different area displaying my vintage American Flyer stuff.    Thanks for the tips!

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 12:38:03 PM »
Also don't have the locomotive pulled up on the HC when you are trying to control it with a DCC throttle.  Turn on the DCC mode, set the address, set your function buttons, then exit the locomotive control screen and take control with the DCC controller.

-Kevin

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 07:53:53 PM »
Thanks!