Author Topic: ERROR - Rmt. dev. busy too long  (Read 1599 times)

zr1rob

• Fireman
ERROR - Rmt. dev. busy too long
« on: April 24, 2022, 06:55:48 PM »
Trying to copy Light Steam ULT to a LM3S - G. Got this err. What does it mean? Thanks, Rob

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: ERROR - Rmt. dev. busy too long
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 10:23:47 PM »
Make sure you have deleted any other prime mover files and other un-needed sounds that are already on the LM before trying to copy ULT sound files.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 10:36:34 PM »
I believe it means that the remote device, ie, the LM-3S-G, was busy and after repeated attempts the HC wasn't able to initiate a download with the LM.

From memory I've had this a couple of times before and I think there's a couple of possible reasons.

- Trying to do something with the LM before it's finished processing something else, ie, trying to download to the LM while it's still processing a firmware upgrade.
- Trying to do something like downloading while the LM is being controlled, ie speed step isn't zero.

If neither of those were the cause then something else was at play but it'd shouldn't be happening constantly.

- Tim

zr1rob

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 01:57:14 PM »
Thanks for the answers!

This is a new LM3S. I believe I downloaded the latest 3SG file (2.50?) into the module, and it was easily a couple hours later when I tried downloading the LS ULT. But what if there is a problem with the new 3SG file? Could/Should I try to download that file again? I tried two times to download the LS ULT file, both times the ERROR came up about 10 minutes into the process - the "Overall Progress" bar was halfway across.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 07:08:16 PM »
Even with a new LM you still have to remove the existing ULT prime mover file.

The other 2 threads on the forum with the "Rmt. Dev." error both indicate that Ring had to release an update to fix the problem.
I suggest you contact Ring and let them know about the error.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.