Author Topic: Bachmann g scale Connie install  (Read 5711 times)

Dodgezilla04

• Fireman
Bachmann g scale Connie install
« on: August 16, 2022, 07:54:14 PM »
Hi folks.  Going to do my Connie install over the weekend.  Has anyone do it and want to share tips? If you've done it, did you remove the main board, jump to it, etc?

Receiver is going in the boiler, speaker in the tender, and battery in the tender, using the tender pick up wires so send battery power to the receiver

gregeusa

• Engineer
    • Greg's web site
Re: Bachmann g scale Connie install
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 02:27:15 PM »
Do be careful for hidden connections inside the boiler, I had an install that made me nuts until I found a connection between a track pickup and the motor lead not visible from the outside, deep in the middle of the boiler.

Bachmann can do nutty things on the final assembly when the loco does not run on the test track. Aristo has a socket where the motor and track pickups are brought out individually, then jumpered for dc operation. Often these are swapped in the model... but for dc operation, the wiring of these 2 on the socket does not matter, but plays hell with decoder installation.

the multimeter is your friend.
Lots of tips and techniques on my site: www.elmassian.com contact me greg@elmassian.com

Dodgezilla04

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 05:37:34 PM »
Thank you.   I saw your site, will use it to do my install, I know you don't want us to print the pages, but I'd rather do that then take the laptop into the shop.... ..
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 07:01:25 PM by Dodgezilla04 »

gregeusa

• Engineer
    • Greg's web site
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 08:52:12 PM »
email me and I will print the pages you want

Greg
Lots of tips and techniques on my site: www.elmassian.com contact me greg@elmassian.com

Dodgezilla04

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 10:04:09 PM »
Connie is done. Lm, 3.3" speaker and two 3.6mah batteries in parallel all fit in the tender.  Used the factory 2 pin plug for chuff wires from the axle, and the 4 pin, 2 for the motor and 2 for the headlight.
I replaced the lights with 5mm white LEDs and 100ohm, 1/4 watt resistors I got yesterday from radio shack.   She sounds great, I don't have track down to run her good, but up in the air she  does nice

mickey

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 07:48:51 AM »
How were the factory wires for power from the track to the motor run?

Dodgezilla04

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 08:25:15 AM »
Tender pickups went though the 4 pin to the firebox flicker  kard along with the pickups from the drivers.  Then they all went to the main board in the boiler labeled power