Author Topic: Charge while updating?  (Read 12328 times)

Dodgezilla04

• Fireman
Charge while updating?
« on: August 19, 2022, 08:00:43 PM »
Is there a way to charge the hc while updating? The updating process is so slow that it drains the battery and then you cannot update until you recharge. I have a brand new unit(1 week) it was fully charged, by the time I loaded software to the hc, deleted all of the diesel stuff from the receiver (I was getting memory full error) I didn't have enough battery to load the steam file to the receiver......is this normal?

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Charge while updating?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 08:10:58 PM »
Sadly there is no way to charge while using the HC.

That said, you can eliminate the battery issue by using the CI-1 and the HC-Simulator software to load and program modules.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Dodgezilla04

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 09:41:15 PM »
Another $30... But it's a solution

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 11:38:36 PM »
This is why the CI-1, Railpro Assistant, and the HC-Sim were introduced.  Use them to load and update programs and sounds.  Far more practical, easier, and saves your controllers for actually controlling trains.

-Kevin

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 06:42:21 AM »

Also allows you to update 2 modules at once, one with the HC and one with the HC sim.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 09:21:09 AM »

It might look like it's just another expense but for most of us here it was a game changer for updating. Being large scale your mileage may vary with perhaps needing a smaller set of sounds (I don't know, just theorising) than us small scalers but just for updating is why most of us bought the CI-1 and that "extra cost" was very quickly forgotten.

The other thing to remember is that HC Simulator can (now) hold 4 times the amount of data than the physical HC can, and by also using Bill's HC Simulator switcher you can effectively have as many HC Simulators as you want, all with different downloads in them.

- Tim

Dodgezilla04

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 10:52:43 PM »
I've got one on the way, I'm sending you fellas the bill hahahah

carpediem4570

• Fireman
  • Back into HO after a 50 year hiatus.
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 07:43:37 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Just bought the railpro starter pack.  It’s still unopened.  I have 14 steam engines to program.  I’m ordering the CI-1 tonight.

Kind regards,

Max