Author Topic: LGB 24570 and RailPro  (Read 6446 times)

TrainingBob

• Fireman
LGB 24570 and RailPro
« on: August 20, 2022, 11:22:40 AM »
I am attempting to install a LM-4-SG into an LGB 24570 (EMD Diesel) and 24582 (B unit). Has anyone done this before? I would appreciate any wiring diagrams and pictures if possible. I'd like to avoid total replacement of all the lights, etc. and use what is already there.

trainman605

• Engineer
Re: LGB 24570 and RailPro
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 12:16:36 PM »
I'm going to install Rail Pro in the LGB F7 A&B units, I just talked with Don at RSC and he said that it would be a single board install (A unit) as the B unit is not powered, but I can put speakers in both units and all will work as the single board can power two speakers. I do remove all the LGB systems in both engines and I do remove the brass contacts in the trucks, I do not want any track power to these engines, ie. I will be battery power 100%. I replace all lamps in the engines with LED's, 12v with resistors to lower the lights brightness, except for the headlamps not as much resistor reduction, just looks much better and less draw on the battery. As far as a wiring diagram goes the Rail Pro diagrams are pretty simple to follow and the boards are a simple hookup, I'm half dangerous with electrical work, but I found it rather easy to do. I do make my own MU cords as needed from a kit I purchased on eBay. All being said, I'm a modeler first and a runner second, but I do want perfection in both running and my modeling. Rail Pro is defiantly the best system around to go with.
trainman