Author Topic: Desired Features  (Read 6306 times)

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
Desired Features
« on: December 12, 2015, 11:29:59 PM »
I thought I'd list my desired features and see if anyone else thought the same way.

#1 A way to adjust the sounds individually. I would really like to TURN THE BELL DOWN.

#2 MU Horns. I run an E8/EB7/E7 consist for my passenger train. The horn should be the loudest sound produced. Wouldn't it be cool if I could load a three chime horn and each loco played a different note?

#3 When you push SAVE and thereafter power is lost on the rails the throttle doesn't know what to do and continued to try to SAVE and couldn't relink with the loco. A BACK button would be nice.

Jacob
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

KPack

• Conductor
Re: Desired Features
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 12:12:48 AM »
Jacob - all sounds (especially the bell) can be adjusted individually.  Go to the locomotive settings, and scroll through the pages until you get to the function buttons.  Then scroll through the function buttons (the box on the upper left) until you reach the bell.  When you are on the bell function you can select the volume and turn it up and down using the wheel.  I've found that on some locomotives (depending on speaker installation) I will need to lower the overall locomotive volume in addition to the bell until it is quiet enough....then I will up the volume of other individual sounds to where I want them.

My own list of desired features:

1. dynamic brake across consists.  Similar to notching up/down across consists.....press the dynamic brake on the lead and it activates the dynamic brake sound on all locomotives in the consist.  Very easy to add.

2. Brake squeal.  Activated when locomotive comes to a stop quickly.

3. Smooth on/off of headlights.  As they are now it is more of an "instant" on.  The prototype doesn't come instantly on, rather they have a slight but noticeable transition from off to fully on.

4. More and varied air let-offs/air compressor.  Right now there are about 2-3 per prime mover....would be nicer to have 5-6 per prime mover and have the timing be much more random.  Some would occur right next to each other, sometimes there would a longer space of time.  Right now they seem to be too timed.

-Kevin

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 09:50:28 AM »
Here is one I have already brought up to Tim:
If you forget to switch the power on, or if a locomotive is on a dead spot, you will get a “Cannot connect” error. It would be helpful to have a “Retry” button on that error page so you that once you have corrected the problem you don’t have to go through all the locomotive pages to get back to the same one.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 03:00:20 PM »
Kevin:

Thanks! I didn't know that.

Jacob
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

Antoine L.

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 09:13:25 AM »
A nice feature would also be to have more automatic sounds that are activated when you turn the knob and when engine sound is also active.

For instance, wheel flanges squealing automatically here and there. Wheels passing over rail joints (to-toc to-toc).
I know there is a sanding sound but maybe it could be automatic at certain intervals.
Brakes when you turn down the knob.

My 2 cents.

Antoine
Modeling a mix of CN / Wisconsin central on a 12x15 freelance area.