Author Topic: Video of RailPro controlled Garden Railroad - Features 6 loco consist!  (Read 9187 times)

JRad

• Conductor
Follow the link to view this YouTube video made yesterday on my garden railroad. Filming location is on and near a curving 5% grade we call Coal Dump curve due to a coal train wreck early in the railroad's history. Near the end of the video there is an MU consist of 4 steam locos and two diesels running up and down the grade. In the out takes there is a shot where the diesels come uncoupled yet stay close and catch up with the consist on the down grade!  All locos using LM-3S-G for sound and control. 4s LiIon batteries for power.

https://youtu.be/Tm2IJ2SSVNA

KPack

• Conductor
Re: Video of RailPro controlled Garden Railroad - Features 6 loco consist!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 11:59:12 PM »
Love it!  Great video and that's a beautiful railroad. Isn't it great to see huge consists running smoothly?  So easy with Railpro.

-Kevin

JRad

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 02:50:44 PM »
Thanks Kevin!

Yes. Ease and performance of MU or Consisting in RailPro made the initial decision for me.

I'm still not very happy with steam sound chuff timing. Even with the input wire being used, the signal on the input only seems to be a suggestion of speed, not an absolute go/no-go for the chuff sound. I'm willing to live with that to avail myself of all the other features, but i sure wish Tim could get it to work like all of the sound only boards.

I do a lot of switching ops and having an absolute chuff sound tells me if a loco is moving without looking at it. Current implementation will continue to chuff when stopped and sometimes move without any chuff at all.  >:(

b3dick

• Brakeman
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 12:46:03 AM »
Hi, New to RailPro.  I'm not happy with the chuff thing also. Do you know if it has been fixed.
Thanks
Richard

JRad

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 06:15:45 PM »
Hi Richard,

Sorry I don't.  I recently purchased some LM-4-SG's, but have not hooked them up to a steamer yet to see if there was any improvement with the new hardware.

It's still better than strictly voltage based chuff, but a long way from perfect.