Author Topic: Downloading diesel sound  (Read 12373 times)

Mopar

• Fireman
Downloading diesel sound
« on: November 04, 2022, 10:49:28 PM »
Hello, I was wondering if anyone here has downloaded a diesel prime mover ULT file to a lm4s. If anyone has to you delete the EMD 645 ULT file that is installed before you download a new file?

KPack

• Conductor
Re: Downloading diesel sound
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 11:11:52 AM »
The LM-3S and LM-4S have plenty of space to hold two prime mover files.  But there is no reason to, so I make it habit to remove all factory loaded sounds before I load what I want.  I like things to be clean and have never liked the idea of unused and unneeded files taking up space.

-Kevin

Gibs

• Engineer
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 04:33:19 AM »
What he said.

DITTO.
Cya Down The Line.

Mopar

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 10:49:09 PM »
Thank you guys very much for your responses. I just want to clarify though because it sounds like you actually haven't loaded 2 prime mover files in the lm4 ,  so have you done it?   Or are most people like Kevin and remove all the files they are not using.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 09:21:29 AM »
I don't have the LM-4S, but it has the same or more storage than the LM-3S.   I have successfully loaded two full ULT prime mover files, plus horns, bells etc.  I did it for sound testing purposes.  There's nor many reasons one would want to have two different files though...I would just delete what's on there and start fresh. It only takes a few seconds to delete.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 01:25:57 PM »
It only takes a few seconds to delete.

In fact, removing it later takes longer as the system rewrites all the data to remove the empty file space after the file that was deleted, so it is better to remove unneeded files first.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Mopar

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2022, 11:23:32 AM »
Thank you all for your responses