Author Topic: I knew this day was coming !  (Read 6958 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
I knew this day was coming !
« on: November 23, 2022, 12:23:42 AM »
Looks like something has to go as I have no room for my On30 and the Rail Pro assortment of goodies. Quite a bit of HO too but that has been set aside long ago.I decided to keep my Lionel O scale and look to finding a new home for the rest.  Problem it's too far to take everything to a train swap meet from Yuma to Phoenix or San Diego !  Maybe Craig's list might do but then who would drive these days just to buy my inventory? Looks like eBay is the only route and sell in large batches and not piece by piece. I've got so much stuff like old HO tru-scale wood roadbed and rail ! Ever heard of the old Keller engineering, kind of like DCC ? I have a lot of that too. Old Lambert HO Shinohara switches and crossings ?
Large amount of HO Downtown Deco built. Enough as you get the picture.Maybe I could open a store? Naaaa too much trouble.   Cheers
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 05:38:40 PM by darryl.trains »

trainman605

• Engineer
Re: I knew this day was coming !
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 05:53:22 AM »
Well join the crowd, my Lionel went several years ago when it was worth a lot more then it is today. I started selling (eBay) my HOn3 last year and the layout went first, then the engines (Blackstone), and then the rolling stock all Blackstone. I will say the Blackstone HOn3 brought very good prices and I came out way ahead of what I paid for it originally. I'm down to only my G Scale stuff and will probably keep it till I can no longer run trains at home, or the club track. I will say in general model trains are not a good investment, but I did luck out on my Blackstone HOn3 stuff, but generally model trains are a loss and anyone who thinks there buying them for future gains, well good luck on that. I will say as we get older and out kids don't want the trains, it's just better off to move it on to someone who will enjoy it at this point in there life.

trainman

faithie999

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 04:47:49 PM »
Darryl--what RailPro "goodies" would you like to sell?

also, a question on the Shinohara turnouts--I assume they are old enough to not be "DCC friendly".  can I assume that they can be modified by isolating the frog then switching the power to the frog based on the alignment of the turnout?

Ken

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 12:09:06 AM »
Ken and all.  I probably have 20 modules LM-2s or 3s. Maybe a few no sound?  Just about one of every type of item Ring produced and I have boxes that they came in. I suppose Shinohara HO switches could be DCC if you can cut the rail and power the frog? I don't know about the crossings, maybe? These are still in the original packages. These were made before DCC came around. All nickel silver. No brass. I have a dozen Model Power/Walthers HO Budd RDCs in original boxes. One fully converted to DCC and one with RP. Oh the pain to move everything to a new home, work work. I really don't know why I have so much stuff? How about fifty HO Cache Creek Models rtr in orig boxes. Some Precision Rail Craft Goose On30 w/sound. Anyone want all 60 plus boxes of Bachmann On30 engines or freight and passenger cars? Just collected and collected. It's a sickness that went toooo far !  Maybe someone could bring a very large truck and take everything?  Oh well I must have enjoyed doing this but at almost 86, its got to be dealt with as the wife keeps saying, what do I do with this when you pass on. She didn't like my answer . Won't be my problem, this when she got real upset. Ya  I know #####
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 05:39:06 PM by darryl.trains »

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 04:00:39 PM »
I am sorry that I didn't mention that it would be a sale of everything in each category, no piecing it out. Trade for O scale Lionel, MTH or the like. Must be of like value or close enough. TOF in Yuma