Author Topic: Sparkfun servo trigger  (Read 6955 times)

Ajugaflats

• Fireman
Sparkfun servo trigger
« on: December 08, 2022, 01:15:03 PM »
Is it possible to connect this device to an LM-3S?

JRad

• Conductor
Re: Sparkfun servo trigger
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 09:37:07 PM »
I have no experience with that board, but from reading the description I would say yes.

That is a neat board. Basically does what I did with a relay, a few trimmer pots and a cheap servo tester board.

Ajugaflats

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 11:19:06 AM »
Thanks, I’ve connected the board to the LM-4 to control remote couplers on my engines and now I want to control the remote couplers on a boxcar.
I have to use the accessory project program, which is only available on the LM-3 and I’m thinking the connections will be the same. I’ll be using a 5v regulator to power the servos, because the LM-3 doesn’t have a 5volt tap.

JRad

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 01:52:25 PM »
OK.  What scale are you in?  I'm in Large Scale and the "G" version of the LM's does have the 5V tap.

I'm also wondering why you need the Accessory program in the LM?  The Sparkfun board just needs a Hi or Lo signal to trigger. LM's will supply a Lo (ground) signal when a light output is triggered.

Ajugaflats

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2022, 05:37:26 PM »
I’m in large scale and the accessory project will allow me to identify 2 couplers and activate them independently. I don’t want to open both couplers simultaneously, no problem with the engine opening both as with the LM-4G.