Author Topic: Home from the hospital  (Read 9234 times)

Josephbw

• Conductor
Home from the hospital
« on: December 16, 2022, 08:13:52 AM »
Tuesday evening I started to have chest pains that slowly got worse. I finally told my wife to take me to the hospital after 2 Nitro tablets did nothing. We got to the hospital at about 11:30 PM after taking another nitro tablet en route. After 3 days of tests, x-rays,  MRIs, w/ nuclear waste, a Cat scan, various medications, and endless consultations, it was decided that they had no idea what caused the chest pains, and sent me home yesterday.

The worst part of the whole ordeal was the bed they had me planted in had a great big divot in the butt area from the large persons that occupied it over the years. My struggles to climb out of that divot caused me to pull my muscles in my abdominal area. It's feeling better this morning, but still sore.

Just some of the perils of old age I guess.

Joe

By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU.

KB02

• Engineer
Re: Home from the hospital
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 06:01:55 AM »
Yuck!

Well, at least your home and on the mend. Hope it was just a one time thing and you don't have to go through that again.

carpediem4570

• Fireman
  • Back into HO after a 50 year hiatus.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 07:20:35 PM »
Had the same thing happen to me a month ago.  They couldn’t figure out what the problem was.  Doctor said it could be angina.  To be sure, I go in for tests next week to check for blockages and to check my stent.

Last month has been pretty stressful.  Being semi retired, I took a new attitude of IDGAF.  All of a sudden, no stress, no chest pain.

Did you happen to be opening all the bills that come after Christmas? Lol.

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 08:15:02 AM »
No, I was just watching a show on the TV. I guess too much violence on the tube.  :-\

Joe