Author Topic: Random LM glitches  (Read 4530 times)

ON28

• Conductor
Random LM glitches
« on: February 22, 2023, 03:56:51 PM »
Running on my HO layout the other day, I first unlinked two locos. Trying to link a new consist, I was denied including one of those LM3-equipped locos, repeatedly seeing the message that it was already in another consist even though the loco screen showed it unlinked. All software was up to date. I tried setting it off the track for a few minutes, even went so far as to reboot the layout, but nothing worked.

Until it did.

Has anyone else experienced these glitches that come and go? Or did I miss something?

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Random LM glitches
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 06:28:21 AM »
I believe the solution here is to press the "clear active loco list" button on the Tools page of the HC.

Also make sure your LM's and HC are all up to date with the most current programs.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

KB02

• Engineer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 06:34:04 AM »
I've experienced the same issue. Never tried the Clear Active Loco list option... have to try that if it happens again.

A quick work around I found:
- Select the loco that is giving you trouble first.
- click the Link button.
- Build your consist as you want it.

Once the consist is built, the controls will default to the lead loco.

ON28

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 06:43:13 PM »
Clear Active Loco seemed to help. I tried selecting the problem loco first but still got the 'other consist' message.