Author Topic: TurnOut Feedback signals to AM-1b  (Read 7100 times)

FoamerGene

• Fireman
TurnOut Feedback signals to AM-1b
« on: July 06, 2023, 06:26:55 PM »
The wonderful feature of an HC-2 controlling turnouts via AM-1b units is seeing the state of the TO's points on the screen.  That takes TO contacts wired to the AM-1.  Turtle motors and others have those contacts built in, but that's not the case for LGB or PIKO switch motors.  What's needed is a waterproof SPDT micro-switch (Amazon) mounted so the TO motor "plunger" flips the micro-switch.  I'm developing such a mounting bracket, but wondering if I'm reinventing someone else's wheel?   Any experience here?

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: TurnOut Feedback signals to AM-1b
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2023, 10:19:25 PM »
Welcome Gene. I see you successfully made a post about yourself.

I don't think your stepping on any toes with your idea; certainly I don't recall any such idea having been bought up here before. That doesn't mean to say such a bracket doesn't already exist somewhere in the world but given the nature of what the brackets for I rekon your going to be fairly safe on that.

- Tim

FoamerGene

• Fireman
Re: TurnOut Feedback signals to AM-1b
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 09:17:25 AM »
Thanks Tim

Someone on the MyLargeScale UG pointed out that both LGB and PIKO offer a DPDT Supplementary Switch attachment for their TO motors.  My  Googling found them for between $35 and $50.  I doubt mine will be even half that!

Gene                                                                                                                     
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 09:29:31 AM by FoamerGene »