Author Topic: 100 RailPro Speed Steps?  (Read 7367 times)

Smoke

• Fireman
100 RailPro Speed Steps?
« on: September 18, 2023, 12:16:01 PM »
I have recently finished my first RailPro install and then ran into some low-speed performance issues. Started troubleshooting and after tearing the entire install out, the issue was traced to be a faulty motor. I have a brand-new motor as well as an older motor and, in my testing, it appears that there are only 100 true speeds that RailPro runs at? Is that correct?

On my HC-2when I go to 0.1% the smaller percentage (below the large % number) goes to 1% and will stay at 1% until I get to 2% (large number) on the throttle. Then I can see the motor increase speed. Based on this finding it appears that RP only has 100 "speed steps", but I wanted to see if I have something setup incorrectly or if this is how it should work? I did set the full current load with just the motor attached before running the steps described above.
-Andrew

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: 100 RailPro Speed Steps?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 10:39:51 PM »
I think it would be very risky for Ring's business, being in the country he is, to claim 1000 speed steps if it doesn't have that many. I haven't had my RailPro stuff out in a while so I can't look at anything immediately but I seem to remember seeing other values than .1, as this caused an issue back in time when taking control with HC Simulator (which does only have 100 speed steps) and it couldn't return the speed to 0.0 .

- Tim

Smoke

• Fireman
Re: 100 RailPro Speed Steps?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 09:44:19 AM »
I was/am working under the assumption that either my LM-3S isn't setup properly (not likely as it's brand new) or my testing setup is flawed. The more I think about the test setup and the fundamental nature in which RP operates I am convinced that my simple visual test is flawed. I have access to a DAQ system and may play around with this some more when I get a chance.
-Andrew